Yet another busy week has finished and another has just begun! I think I have finally mastered the art of waking up at 6.15am every morning, but knowing that we have three days off school this week because it is ski week makes me think that next week could yet again be a struggle!
An eventful last week included several excursions, events and memorable moments... We spent our Wednesday afternoon after school at the thermal baths in the Gellert hotel which was incredible! After hearing so much and reading so much in our tourist guidebooks i had expected the baths to be good, but I never imagined them being that good! I will definitely be paying them another visit before I go home!
I found a theater in Budapest called the Merlin which has English plays on Mondays and Wednesdays and we all went last Wednesday and on Monday as well. One of the plays we saw was called 'Stones in his Pockets' which is set in Kerry in Ireland. It was rather weird knowing that I was sitting in a theater in the heart of Budapest watching a play that was set in Ireland and that the humour contained within it was not even half understood by most the the American/Hungarian audience.
It has only really come to my attention over the past week or so how many American people are living here in Budapest and this seems to mainly be due to work related issues, but also people here as missionaries.
We were all having lunch at a coffee shop on Friday when we met an American girl who later began to tell us that she was here helping with an organistion called 'Hope for Hungary' working with young English speaking Hungarians- who we seem to know rather a lot of! So small talk led to a rather long conversation and we then ended up going to Church with her on the Sunday with her teammate! We loved the Church we went to on Sunday and are going to the midweek Bible study there tomorrow night and plan on going back to the Church next Sunday as well. We also joined the girl Caitlin and her team for the Bible study on the Sunday night and it was so lovely to be able to share about our experiences here in Budapest along with their experiences as well!
We have planned a trip to Austria from Friday to Saturday and do not know all the details yet... but know how to get the train there, which is a start! I am looking forward to experiencing yet another culture and exploring even more places...
We went to one of the famous indoor markets today which was really good and the food we had for lunch was amazing!
So far I am loving the life here, meeting new people everyday, finding new places to shop and eat, learning a new language and experiencing different approaches to life. I am looking forward to getting involved in the Church here and the opportunities it will provide... especially seeing as they have already said they would love us to come back! The scary reality is that life here is going so fast, that soon I will be at home wanting to come back...
Tuesday, 23 February 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment