We have had a rather strange week this week... mainly due to the stress caused by the volcanic ash! Kirsty's friend came to visit a while ago... and we ended up having an extra person staying in our room for 10 days because she couldn't get home! On top of that, Alison's friend couldn't get out here because her flight was cancelled! But on the plus side, this meant even more sight seeing all over again!
I am still enjoying my time here and don't really want to go home! Everyday here seems to bring about new challenges and new experiences, which I love! The most recent challenge was trying to get Leanne home. We spent hours at the airport trying various different ways and means to try and get her home. A bus to London was suggested, but we decided to try and plan a route ourselves. We booked a flight for 5 days later, but then it was cancelled as well, so I eventually found another flight for 3 days later which wasn't cancelled and Leanne got home safely!
Cultural:
We visited Szentendre again this week because we had been advised to go and tried the baked potatoes there! So we brought our adopted friend with us. We also cooked for our Bible Study on Wednesday night which was great. It is so nice to feel like we have a family here and that is definitely how I feel when I go to the Bible Study every week, however it does make me miss my friends and our cell group on a Friday night!
We also booked flights this week for our american friend Caitlin to come to Paris with us and then back to Northern Ireland with us. I also booked flights to come back out again in June with my friends and my sister, so my erasmus experience is far from over!
Professional:
I have really been enjoying school recently and the preparation required for the lessons has become less stressful. Being that we know exactly what we are doing and that we know how to present the lessons (introduction, development and conclusion), it is now easier to connect what we have to do. I am still enjoying teaching the non-bilingual 4th grade class who I think in turn are enjoying having me there. I taught them the time last week, which was a difficult concept for them to understand and it turned out to be a very challenging topic for me to teach as well! It helps having the class teacher in the room for the non-bilingual classes incase of any language barriers.
We are still having music lessons and singing lessons which are still enjoyable and we have been entered into the university's music competition which is this Thursday, so we are busy practicing for it. It is our last week of classes this week though, so we are busy completing assignments for university...

No comments:
Post a Comment